As a busy wife, mother of five, and minister, you can imagine that I lack for strength most days. We all know that life comes from drawing near to God and His Word, but it is so hard most days to tap into it. You know what I mean, when you know what to do, and how to do it, but your strength is at such a low point that you can't seem to reach for it?
I take comfort in knowing that He is reaching for me.Just think about that. He isn't asking you to go the full distance, He already is meeting you halfway. He already spoke. He already put Himself out there. What comfort to my heart.
He has given me His Word so that I will have life. Just one word from His mouth is all my spirit needs.
These are some passages I am meditating on right now and drawing strength from. Are you an "artsy" type? Maybe you can draw or paint a few passages and hang them somewhere you'll see them often (like the kitchen, moms?) Maybe your taxed on time, print a few out off your computer and post them around your house.
During different seasons of life I have painted scriptures on the walls, printed them, put them on post its, or written them on the mirrors with dry erase markers. I want to encourage you, whatever your style, get some life giving words in front of you.
This is what I am doing this weekend as I prepare for my 21 Day Fast Unto My Family.
There is Life in these Words.Here are a few key verses on "life" in the "Word". Perhaps start with these if you are finding yourself in that place of needing to draw life from Him today.
"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
"How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Psalm 119:103
“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." John 6:68
"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63
“It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:4
"I am the Way, the truth, and the life." John 14:6
In preparation for the 21 days:
- I'm prepping these scriptures to hang in my home, for personal strength.
- I'm finishing our Mission Statement. It is done and ready to print.
- I found a book to use for our devotionals along with our mission statement "talks" (I am using Jennifer Toledo's Eyes & Ears)
- I laid out a page for each child in my journal and I am going to be praying out of this resource that my dearest friend made for our children's church classrooms. Biblical Promises to Speak over Your Children.
- I am going to use our existing empty push pin board in the hallway that once was full of hopeful schedules, as a place where our kids can write prayers and leave encouragement for Mom & Dad during the 21 Days.
- My children requested "Mail Boxes" on their doors so they can leave each other notes as well, so those will be prepped this weekend.
well, I got some work to do... let me know what you are prepping in your home!