Monday, December 6, 2010

The End, or the Beginning?




Add ImageWhen I was about fifteen years old I watched a Hollywood portrayed movie of the End Times. In the movie, I remember the main characters were trying to figure out what was happening on the earth. They went into a hotel room in a panic to find a Bible (apparently they were not folks who kept a Bible in the house) and they turned to the book of revelation and noted the “Seven Seals” and sought to find out what was going to happen next.
That evening, I remember on the news there were updates of the Gulf War and I saw pictures and video images of Americans that didn’t look like they were “winning”. I turned off the television and went outside to our large second story wrap-around porch and was walking around looking into the beautiful night sky. I looked up to see the moon was a strange blood-orange color. My heart was racing, as I began to confess my sins to God.
Now raised a good Catholic girl I walked in what I would consider a ‘healthy’ fear of God, but I certainly did not know Him.
I tried to read the Bible and understand it, but it just didn’t make sense to me. Years would past, and I would come to receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and accept His love and free gift of salvation.
Why I was always intrigued with the study of the End Times, I don’t know, but my journey into pray-reading and asking for more revelation on the subject has been intensifying ever since.
I have never been satisfied with any “End Time” eschatological teaching that’s been out there, everything leaves me with more questions.
So I came to the conclusion, I must focus only on what I personally have revelation from the Father regarding the Word, Jesus, on and allow Him to add to my ‘well’ of God-knowledge.

I continue this pursuit, gleaning from others, but seeking revelation for myself. It is just the beginning!

2 comments:

  1. I like your growing perspective on eschatology. Now being a huge fan of eschatology (cough cough) I see it as a great position to take. Of course, I line-up with Brother Trask's view stated so eloquently at iHOP recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina,
    Thanks for stopping by Dance And Be Glad. I am following your blog now~ I appreciate your quest for truth and revelation from the Lord. I am constantly seeking as well, especially in regards to the New Age Christianity permeating the church. Would love to talk more sometime. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete