Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Greatest Mystery of All




"...we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began." 1 Cor. 2:7


I have been getting rocked lately by the most complex mystery seen so simply, that is Christ, the God-Man, dying as a sacrifice for mankind. I have been meditating on this one thing and putting down everything else I think or feel to embrace the love and commitment my Lord has toward me. He is committed to us. Whoa.


It started with a couple new IHOP-KC choruses, and Justin Rizzo's & Anna Blanc's Devotional earlier this year, where they took you through the story of the crucifixion. I began to realize that though I accept the cross as my 'basic' theology, I have never (apart from my early christian conversion experience) had personal and deep revelation on what the cross really did for me, or for that matter, what Jesus really said "yes" to by taking the cross upon Himself.

This song Jonas Park has been singing has caused my heart to sit and meditate on the Cross, the greatest mystery of all:




He came reaching out His hand
To bring us life again
to take back His bride
from the grave we died in

Oh He made skin of His own
took our place on death row
To show us the Father
and give us a home

Oh behold what love, You've lavished on us
That we might become Your children, oh God
For the veil's been torn, now we're forever Yours
Here before Your throne to Your praise oh Lord

Oh You came to lose the war
that we started with You Lord
You bled in our stead
That we might be pure

Oh You really understand
Neither do You condemn
Much more than a pardon
You beckon us in


I have been thinking this is not just something with my personally God is saying, but more and more what I am hearing and seeing from others in the Body of Christ is this 'back to the first love' real truth. The truth of our desperate need for a savior. The truth of what it cost Him to give His love and His blood for us. To embrace this with Holy Fear and not the 'non-chalance' as if we deserve this at all. His mercy, His grace. In light of what we truly deserve, He says 'yes' to death on a cross.
My prayer is that God would open our hearts again to embrace our need for Jesus, and a Holy revelation of His grace and mercy over us.

- gina





4 comments:

  1. So very good Gina! Ah, I have to hear this song. I need the deeper revelation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Treasure, You have put this so well. Good Friday ie especially a time when I feel His pain all day. It becomes so real. When we consider the beating with the leather thonged whip knotted with glass, the pain it caused..the mocking, the trial, the walk, the rejection, being hammered to the cross, his body pulling on the nails...horrific!!
    Blessings CML

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Crystal, and others reading this post, i have checked out your blogs and i am enjoying seeing what others are 'hearing' and the unction on the hearts of those who love Him. -g

    ReplyDelete